Friday, August 7, 2009

When it rains it pours...

I graduated college, I had no idea what I wanted to do afterwords, just working at a restaurant and saving money. Sure, I sent out my resume here and there but I didn't know when or if I would ever truly get a job. Two months of silence, and now, I need to make a decision and fast.

One job, in the city that I love, near the people I love, part of everything I have ever known. It's a low level desk job, paying the minimum, but that's all I feel capable enough to do. Full benefits, the perfect option for a kid straight out of university.

The other job...it provides a world of unknown. An associate instructor in China. The job description is a bit fuzzy, doesn't seem like much work and what there is doesn't seem too hard. Plus it's in CHINA! A year in China, see the world, have adventures. When I look back on my life, I can say that I spent a year in China.

But now I'm sick to my stomach because option number 1 has already made an offer, China has yet to come through. I can't say yes to number 1 and give up on China, but I can't let number 1 slip away in case I don't get China. It's a terrible waiting game and I do not count myself as special enough to think job number 1 will wait for me any longer than today.

This is what we aim for, to land a job. Especially in this economy. But we want a good job, with the best experiences, to provide the most money and to start a life we are proud of. What do I want my life to be, where do I want it to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment