Monday, April 6, 2009

Available amount: $51.04

Not even enough to contribute to my share of the electric bill. Although it is not entirely my fault. I went to check my account balance this morning to make sure I had enough money to pay the total electric bill of $204.91 for my apartment when I saw that the available balance was $51.04. For transactions there were five totalling around $160 to a website in California that I've never heard of. Turns out a certain "Anthony Walker" had stolen my information and had a little fun spanking the monkey to adult entertainment websites. I called my bank and called the website and now am just waiting for the money to get put back in my account.

The electric bill usually divides up evenly, but ending with 1 cent doesn't leave much room to equally be divided by 4. I settled on $51.20 because I was giving my roommates certain concedences when it came to rounding up, this was before the whole stolen credit card thing, now I don't know what's fair. Plus I already spent one of my roommates electric money so I can't even ask someone else to pay it because I don't have enough money in my bank account to cover mine and her share.

The whole thing just put a knot in my stomach and it made me re-evaluate every purchase I've ever made. I had $3.50 in cash left, which is the exact amount of a ham and cheese hero at the bodega on the corner. I've been getting those $3.50 sandwiches pretty regularly and now I wonder if I had just sucked it up and used my groceries I could have saved X amount of money over X amount of weeks. On top of that I have an internship which I pay to go to, $32 a month in subway fare. I love my internship but that's $128 for four months. I recently asked my mom for a loan of $500 so that I could go to Europe and galavant around for spring break. Well that money was gone real quick. When my plane landed at LaGuardia airport and my father was waiting there to give me a ride home, I sheepishly asked for more money and he handed over $300. Well you would think that after taking so much of my parent's money I would chill on the frivolous expenses but nope. The best way I figured to celebrate pissing away $500 was to go to the bar, go to a NJ Devils game, refill my metro card, get a haircut and continue to buy take-out and beer.

Now there is a month and a half left of school. I need to give at least $75 to my mom for my boyfriend's graduation dinner ticket, buy a dress for graduation, $240 for Senior Ball tickets for my boyfriend and I (who is visiting from Ireland to attend the dance for me), buy a new dress for Graduation and any other expenses that may come of that. Oh and the cable bill is due in April. All of this with no job, who do I think I am? This credit card fraud may have been a wake up call, but it's been too little too late and I'm beyond broke. Oh and I probably owe $50 in library fees that I have to pay in order to graduate.

I believe this is a low point for the unemployed girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment